By Ricardo Torres-Cortez (contact) Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019 | 8:15 p.m. A woman facing a child abuse charge in the death of her 1-year-old child told detectives that she accidentally kicked her son while they were both asleep, according to a Metro Police arrest report released Tuesday. Elizabeth Castillo said she woke up early Sept. 27 but that the boy hadn’t. And since he didn’t make noise, she said she didn’t think much of it and went back to sleep. “She stated something to the effect of not realizing something so small could turn out so big,” police wrote in the report. Sebastian was dead three days later from blunt force trauma to his stomach, said police, who allege Castillo “willfully” harmed him. As of Tuesday, defense attorney Jack Buchanan said authorities had only provided him with the four-page arrest report. The information in the document does not characterize his client as someone who would “intentionally harm her child,” he said. Castillo maintains her innocence, said Buchanan, noting that the allegations will be contested in court. The North Las Vegas case is in its preliminary stages. Meanwhile, Castillo — who was arrested on Oct. 9 — was booked on one… Read full this story
- Mom Says Pressure to Breastfeed Led to Accidentally Starving Her Infant Son: 'We Were So Brainwashed'
- U.K. Woman is Allowed to Board EasyJet Flight While Using Her Toddler Son's Passport
- A 4-year-old who was accidentally shot while play-wrestling with his father has died, police say
- Mom says infant suffered third-degree burns in bath
- Mom Says Teen Sons Were Kicked Off Flight After Asking the Crew to Accommodate Peanut Allergy
- Family lawyer for toddler who died in cruise ship fall accuses Royal Caribbean of lying
- California man rammed teens’ car in crash that killed 3 after doorbell prank, victim’s mom says
- 'Helpless' N.C. Mom Watched Her Boyfriend and Son, 5, Drown in the Ocean: 'It Takes 1 Second'
- Girl, 5, Dies Suddenly After Trip to Disney: 'I Thank God I Was There When She Passed,' Mom Says
- Protective services ignored complaints that NYPD cop made his autistic 9-year-old son sleep in the garage - one year before his other son, 8, 'froze to death after being locked in the same building overnight'
Mom says she accidentally kicked toddler son before he died, police say have 361 words, post on lasvegassun.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.