It’s been a busy couple of weeks for mesh networking. First came Amazon-owned Eero, which lifted the curtain on a new, Alexa-friendly mesh router system that’s half the price of the company’s previous system. Then came Google, with a new Nest Wifi mesh system that adds in voice-activated Google Assistant smarts. Meanwhile, names like Netgear Orbi are refreshing their mesh offerings just in time for the holidays — and across the board, prices are as competitive as they’ve ever been.But none of those systems I just mentioned supports 802.11ax, or Wi-Fi 6. That’s the speedy, next-gen version of Wi-Fi that promises top speeds about 35% faster than before. It also offers dramatic improvements to performance in crowded, congested environments with lots of devices and people trying to connect at once.That’s a compelling pitch, and marquee client devices such as the iPhone 11 and the Samsung Galaxy S10 are already on board, along with a host of high-end Wi-Fi 6 routers you can buy right now. So what’s stopping Amazon and Google?Early days in a new eraAlong with the faster top speeds, the key benefit of Wi-Fi 6 is that it’s a much more efficient form of Wi-Fi. Not only can a… Read full this story
- Jasco Announces Addition of Wi-Fi Smart Dimmer to New Line of myTouchSmart Products
- BSNL Partners Paytm to Offer Smart Wi-Fi Onboarding Feature Across India: All Details
- Black Woman Allegedly Kicked Out of Virginia Dunkin' Donuts Over Free Wi-Fi Dispute: 'I Felt Racially Profiled'
- Suspect reportedly hacks into family's Wi-Fi monitor, threatens to kidnap baby
- Starbucks to block x-rated videos on public store Wi-Fi
- Court orders Amazon to end Wi-Fi button purchases in Germany
- Millennial hotel guests want Netflix, Video Game Consoles and Wi-Fi, new research suggests
- Virginia Dunkin' Donuts owner calls police on black customer for using free Wi-Fi without purchase
- Starbucks to install anti-porn filters on store Wi-Fi next year
- Say hello to Wi-Fi, smoother rides on new campus shuttles — The Cougar
Ready for Wi-Fi 6? Not yet, say Google and Amazon have 324 words, post on www.cnet.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.