LEE ESTHER The author is a welfare and administration team reporter for the JoongAng Ilbo.On July 1, 2005, actress Brooke Shields wrote a column in the New York Times. The iconic actress of the 1980s and 90s wrote about her postpartum depression. She struggled with infertility and had an in-vitro fertilization procedure in order to have her first daughter. Right after giving birth, she fell into an unexpected depression. At first, she thought she was simply tired, but the condition grew worse. She recalled that she could not even stand hearing her baby cry and felt afraid the moment her husband handed her the baby. She said that she felt like dying. One day, she was driving with her baby and felt tempted to crash into a wall. She also discussed her experience of treatment. She said she wouldn’t have been the happy mother she was today without antidepressants and therapy. Shields suggested that pediatricians and Ob-Gyn doctors should instruct new mothers with signs of postpartum depression about symptoms and treatments. She testified in front of Congress to support a bill that would require depression screenings to women before and after giving birth. A celebrity’s public acknowledgement of her depression… Read full this story
- Boba Fett ‘will be next Star Wars spin off’ that will be ‘directed by James Mangold’
- Notorious hitman who confessed in Alabama planned to kill Lawrence County cop
- X-rated cruise ship confessions
- Meet the 'Star Wars twin mum' who gave birth to Luke and Leia 'Skywalker'
- Kit Harington jealous of Emilia Clark's Star Wars role
- Tonya Harding’s ‘Dancing With The Stars’ is on thin ice
- Ex-cricket star Imran Khan eyes victory as Pakistan announces elections on July 25
- ‘Mom and I hustle:’ 7-year-old’s confession led to dad’s prostitution arrest, N.M. cops say
- Towie’s James ‘Arg’ Argent confesses to girlfriend Gemma Collins that he wears her clothes
- Nikki Bella makes another shock confession about John Cena relationship
A confession from a top star (KOR) have 326 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at November 18, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.