Hong Kong (CNN)A 70-year-old man has died after being hit in the head with a brick during in clashes between Hong Kong’s pro- and anti-government groups on Wednesday, a Hong Kong Hospital Authority spokesperson confirmed to CNN. The man was on a lunch break from his job as a cleaner when he voluntarily began clearing the road of bricks thrown during demonstrations, according to police. Video of the alleged incident shows protesters and government supporters hurling bricks at one another before a man falls to the ground. Police say the man was hit by a brick thrown by rioters. He passed away at 10:51 p.m. local time (9:51 a.m. ET) at the Prince of Wales Hospital in the New Territories. The case will be referred to the coroner. Photos: Hong Kong unrest Protesters walk past barricades of bricks on a road near the Hong Kong Polytechnic University on Thursday, November 14. Hide Caption 1 of 161 Photos: Hong Kong unrest Demonstrators gather during a lunchtime protest in the financial district of Hong Kong on November 14. Hide Caption 2 of 161 Photos: Hong Kong unrest Protesters train to throw Molotov cocktails into a swimming pool on the campus of the… Read full this story
- 'Like Moses parting the Red Sea': Hong Kong protesters move aside to let an ambulance pass in seconds during a two-million strong demonstration against extradition bill
- Carrie Lam Threatens to Pass Laws to Silence Hong Kong Protests
- Hong Kong Protesters, Police Face Off in Renewed Clashes
- Hong Kong police blast anti-China activists with tear gas and water cannon as thousands take to streets - while activists chant 'God save the Queen' outside the British consulate
- Chilling meme showing what Hong Kong's violent protests would look like if taken on a Chinese Huawei phone sums up why protesters are tearing the city apart
- Hong Kong’s Richest Man Lectures Protesters to ‘Love China’
- Lone Hong Kong man is 'beaten by dozens of anti-government activists after a quarrel' as China crows over 'rioter' who caught fire from 'a petrol bomb thrown by other protesters'
- Hong Kong police round up activists as mass rally called-off
- Hunger Strikers Storm Hong Kong Chief Executive’s House
- Hong Kong: Carrie Law will withdraw extradition bill
Elderly man hit with brick amid Hong Kong protests has died have 361 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 14, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.