Frosty relations between Channel 4 and the Tories went sub zero tonight as the broadcaster replaced Boris Johnson with an ice sculpture in a climate change debate. The Conservatives filed an official complaint to watchdog Ofcom after the decision to substitute the Prime Minister and fellow absentee Nigel Farage with dripping frozen water installations. Channel 4 invited all the main political party leaders to take part in the election showdown on tackling the climate emergency, but Mr Johnson decline. Tory sources threatened Channel 4 with a review after the election, if they win. And in a letter to Ofcom, the Tory communications director Lee Cain said the sculptures were a ‘provocative partisan stunt’. ‘It would be detrimental to the public interest and news reporting by public service broadcasters if such a wide spectrum of speaking and debate events could not take place, purely because of arbitrary requirements by broadcasters insisting on specific individuals attending,’ he wrote: ‘This is part of a wider pattern of bias by Channel 4 in recent months. It follows Dorothy Byrne, Channel 4’s head of news and current affairs, making highly personal and unpleasant attacks on the Prime Minister at the Edinburgh Television Festival in August. ‘I would be… Read full this story
- Lib Dem leadership fight turns nasty as hopeful accused of being a Tory at heart
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: A failed state? How about Scotland under Wee Burney?
- Coronavirus: 'Astonishing recklessness' - MP suspended for taking 400 mile train journey despite knowing she had COVID-19
- Six Nations 2021 Championship: Scotland boosted by the return of Finn Russell and form of Duhan van der Merwe
- Brexit deal is DONE: Boris Johnson SEALS historic Brexit deal with EU as UK claims to have won TWICE as many concessions as Brussels and von der Leyen laments 'parting is such sweet sorrow'
- The last plane out of Dubai! Influencers race to get leave UAE before flights are BANNED at 1pm and returning Britons are forced to isolate for 10 days on arrival amid furious row over Priti Patel's 'shambolic' holiday ban
- The Experts Make Sense of Brexit
- Bailiffs evict HS2 protesters from camp where Swampy and his pals secretly dug a 100ft tunnel near Euston station - as police arrest three for breaching Covid rules
- Bans on joggers, Liz Hurley's jugs and trans-women in women's sport: 20-1 shot for Prime Minister, PIERS MORGAN reveals his radical manifesto
- Conservative conference opens, and David Cameron's interview with Andrew Marr: Politics live blog
Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson claims she is FORCED to fly between Scotland and London because of 'Victorian' train system in Channel 4 climate change debate have 397 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 28, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.