With 160 million record sales under her belt, Jackson closing out the national RnBFridaysLive festival — following energetic sets from the likes of Jason DeRulo, 50 Cent and the Black Eyed Peas — seemed a no-brainer. Get the latest showbiz goss delivered straight to your inbox — sign up for our daily entertainment newsletter And yet, since the festival’s first stop in Perth last week, punters have been fiercely divided. The hardcore Janet fans have sung her praises — but others slammed her “low energy” performance, calling out blatant lip-synching and dubbing her set a “massive flop.” Janet’s been a surprisingly controversial headliner for the RnBFridays festival. Picture: AFPSource:AFP There were even reports of mass audience walkouts, with disappointed ticketholders apparently bailing on Janet’s headlining set. So what is the truth? From the moment she stepped on stage at Sydney’s Giants Stadium on Saturday night, Janet was on fire. Perhaps she got wind of the bad reviews — or maybe she’s just been playing to a tough crowd. The issue may be that Janet Jackson is something of an uncomfortable fit for RNBFridays, a festival focused squarely on R&B hits of the early noughties. So many punters came to hear… Read full this story
- Janet Jackson fans slam ‘disastrous’ performance as they walk out of concert after accusing her of lip syncing
- How old is Janet Jackson, was she miming during her Glastonbury 2019 set, what’s her net worth and her biggest songs?
- Janet Jackson looks downcast as she jets out of Australia following disastrous final show in Brisbane where fans stormed out
- Justin Timberlake Owes Janet Jackson Some Goddamn Respect
- Janet Jackson sparks ANOTHER audience walk-out in New Zealand as fans complain of 'audio issues' during her set
- Janelle Monae: Janet Jackson the ‘Queen of Black Girl Magic’ in Rock Hall Speech
- Janet Jackson insists her brother Michael's legacy 'will continue'... after further claims of sexual misconduct made against him in Leaving Neverland documentary
- Jenna Dewan reveals Janet Jackson once gave her a huge box of sex toys as a thank you gift
- Now Janet Jackson's bassist accuses Qantas of racism claiming he wasn't allowed to take his guitar on board despite 'white passengers being permitted to do so' - as the airline asks will.i.am to 'retract' his claims
Our verdict on Janet Jackson’s controversial RnBFridays headlining performance have 384 words, post on www.news.com.au at November 17, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.