Hello, my name is John Cherwa and welcome back to our horse racing newsletter as Roadster returns to race today at Del Mar. And, we have another handicapping lesson from Rob Henie.So, I go to one of my doctors (having more than one doc is code for being old) on Friday and she says, “Man, you look tired.” I say, “Well I stayed from the very beginning of the meeting to the end of the public comment period at Thursday’s CHRB meeting.” She referred me to a mental-health specialist. (The only true part of that is I went to the doctor.)Near the end of the 248-minute meeting (not including lunch), Aidan Butler, acting executive director of California racing for the Stronach Group, who was also still there, texts me. “You’re a trouper,” he says. (That is true.)After the meeting, I see Fred Maas, a soon to be ex-board member at his last meeting, with a big smile, clicking his heels as he walked out of the room knowing he doesn’t have to go to another meeting this long. (OK, made up that, too.) Advertisement Here’s the deal. Love them or hate them, the members of the board are essentially volunteers,… Read full this story
- Jockeys tepid over new whip rule changes
- Why racing's whip rule still needs sorting out
- Jockeys threaten strike over strict new whip rules
- With Trump, Biden Tight in Electoral College Race, Election Looks Headed for Pennsylvania Courts
- Twilight Payment wins Melbourne Cup in race marred by colt Anthony Van Dyck's fatal injury
- Ten reasons to stop whipping racehorses, including new research revealing the likely pain it causes
- 2021 Boston Marathon postponed until at least the fall
- Michael Gove is forced to admit he got new rules on grassroots sport ban WRONG as he performs U-turn after claiming restrictions for golf and tennis would be 'fine-tuned'
- EXCLUSIVE: Four out of 10 young people say they will BREAK Covid lockdown rules this Christmas - more than double the number of over-65s who say they will go rogue
- Paul Pogba admits to 'stupid mistake' against Arsenal, but Manchester United's problems run far deeper
Racing! A deeper look at postponing the whip rule have 352 words, post on www.latimes.com at November 23, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.