PARTS of the UK were submerged yesterday as floods engulfed villages – with more rain and Christmas misery on the way. There are currently 89 flood warnings in place covering much of England and parts of Wales after torrential downpours on Thursday night. The wet weather created travel disruption yesterday morning, with some rail services in Yorkshire and the Midlands delayed or cancelled. Meanwhile flood-hit families are facing more misery at Christmas, with warnings that the soaked ground in some areas will not take much more rain. The threat of weeks of more floods came as emergency services continued to battle high waters in Doncaster and Fishlake, South Yorks, and in Evesham and Stratford-upon-Avon, Warks. Officials warned the widespread flooding, which has also affected many other parts of the country, has come unusually early this year.John Curtin, executive director of flood management at the Environment Agency, said: “This has been a phenomenally wet Autumn – this is only the middle of November. “I do sound alarm because we’re in the middle of November, everywhere is saturated, all the flood storage areas have been full. Everywhere is super sensitive to rain so this winter we’ll have to remain vigilant.” The Met… Read full this story
- UK weather forecast – Britain set for scorching 28C sunshine as ‘driest ever’ May comes to a blistering end this weekend
- UK weather forecast – Britain sizzles on hottest day of the year in UK heatwave as temp hits 32.6C
- UK weather forecast: Storm Edouard to bring heavy rain before 'seven-day 30C heatwave'
- UK weather forecast – Britain set to be battered with rain in weekend washout as Met Office issues weather warning
- UK weather forecast – Brits bask in 34C heatwave on the hottest day of the year, before three days of thunderstorms
- UK weather forecast: Drinkers to enjoy 24C heat on 'Independence Day' as pubs reopen
- UK weather forecast – Last weekend of 28C heatwave in UK as rainstorms and colder temperature set to hit most of Britain
- UK weather forecast: New heatwave could see 30C highs - but rain to come first
- UK weather forecast – No more rain until JUNE as country on track for driest May since 1896
- UK weather forecast – Super Saturday washout with a month’s worth of rain to be dumped in just 24 hours
UK weather forecast – Britain underwater as flooding engulfs villages and MORE rain is on the way have 371 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 16, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.