Virat Kohli conjured up a classic hundred in his first tryst with the pink ball while a lethal Ishant Sharma tormented Bangladesh batsmen yet again to push India towards victory in their maiden day/night Test, here on Saturday. Mostly offering a straight bat to dispatch the swinging pink cherry in the V region, Kohli became the first Indian to score a hundred in a day/night Test, treating the fans with a 136-run knock after starting the day at overnight 59. His deputy Ajinkya Rahane (51) too looked in good touch, striking his fourth successive half-century as India declared their first innings at 347 for nine for a massive 241-run lead. Bangladesh, who were shot out for 106 in their first essay, were reduced to 13 for four at one stage but the visitors ended the second day at 152 for six, courtesy a combative half-century from Mushfiqur Rahim (59 batting) and Mahmudullah, who retired hurt after scoring 39. Mushfiqur smashed 10 fours in his counter-attacking knock as the visitors looked relieved when the Indian pacers struggled to handle heavy dew towards the end. They still trail by 89 runs and need a miracle to save the match. On 59, Mushfiqur… Read full this story
- IPL 2022: Ab de Villiers teaches me small things that help me a lot, says Dewald Brevis | Cricket News - Times of India
- Dinesh Karthik: A Domestic Hero Sidelined By MS Dhoni's Brilliance | Cricket News
- IND vs ENG, 3rd Test: Twitter Applauds Joe Root's Stunning Spell As He Claims Maiden 5-Wicket Haul | Cricket News
- CK Nayudu Trophy: Parkar, Mulani's 194* stand takes Mumbai U-25 to semifinal | Cricket News - Times of India
- County Championship: Cheteshwar Pujara Follows-Up Double Ton With A Century | Cricket News
- AUS vs IND: Injured David Warner A Doubt For Tests, D'Arcy Short Called Up For T20Is | Cricket News
- Gavaskar wants Pant to succeed Kohli as Test captain
- Why does Virat Kohli want to be a T20 opener?
- WATCH: Virat Kohli waves to Anushka Sharma in stands after taking Rishabh Pant's catch in RCB vs DC clash
- India Vs England ODI Series: Prasidh Krishna, Krunal Pandya and Suryakumar Yadav to join the squad
Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Help India Dominate Day 2 Of Day-Night Test | Cricket News have 342 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at November 23, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.