Senator Elizabeth Warren on Wednesday released an attack ad aimed Mike Bloomberg that her campaign said would run on the billionaire’s own cable television network in the New York City media market. “Now some people have figured out it’d be a lot cheaper to spend a few hundred mil just trying to buy the presidency than paying that wealth tax,” the ad shows Warren saying with cuts to video clips of Bloomberg, a former New York mayor. The line has found a consistent place in Warren’s stump speech over the past week as Warren has used Bloomberg’s largely self-funded presidential run as an example of the unfair role money plays in politics. Warren has embraced attacks from billionaires, even selling a “billionaire tears” mug in her online store after investor Leon Cooperman, who also appears in the ad, teared up talking about Warren in a CNBC interview in November. But CBS News campaign reporter Zak Hudak says her attacks on Bloomberg stand out because Warren has generally avoided direct contact when she has gone after fellow Democrats this race. Bloomberg joined the race less than two weeks ago, but Warren has already focused more direct attacks on Bloomberg than any other candidate in the… Read full this story
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Supreme Court rules on Trump financial records
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: The GOP groups trying to elect Joe Biden
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump campaign insists weather caused rally to be postponed
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Biden narrows campaign funding gap with Trump
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump talks to CBS News about police killings, school reopening and China
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: CBS poll - Biden leads among women in Florida, Arizona and Texas
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Jacksonville's COVID count rises in weeks before GOP convention
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Obama says energy from Floyd protests can change the nation
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Could Election Day become "Election Week"?
- Mike Bloomberg Will Do Anything to Look Cool
2020 Daily Trail Markers: Elizabeth Warren attacks Mike Bloomberg on his home turf have 327 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at December 4, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.