Not again! The investigation was the result of a complaint alleging Google shuttered a company’s Google Ads account without notice. Muhammad Jarir Kanji 20 Dec 2019 0 Source: Android CentralWhat you need to know The French authorities have reprimanded Google over arbitrary and ambiguous ad rules. Google is being fined $167 million over the alleged breach of competition law. The company plans to appeal the ruling. In what must feel like a recurring nightmare for Google execs, the company is being fined yet again over competition concerns. The French authorities have criticized Google’s “opaque and unpredictable rules” (via Reuters) for its advertising platform and levied a $167 million fine against the internet giant. The dispute arose after French corporation Gibmedia accused Google of arbitrarily shutting down its Google Ads account without any notice. In the aftermath of the four-year-long investigation that followed, the French antitrust regulator said it found Google in breach of competition law and said it wielded undue over small business. “The way the rules are applied give Google a power of life or death over some small businesses that live only on this kind of service,” the President of the French Competition Authority said. “One of the… Read full this story
- Despite huge revenues, Facebook and Google pay tiny tax in Vietnam
- Twitter’s ban on political ads gets guarded welcome
- Consumers rule! Annual Media Summit surveys a vast realm of entertainment options
- India Fines Google $21 Million for “Search Bias”
- Facebook, Google, Amazon are ramping up their secretive influence campaigns in D.C.
- The French connection: 65-year-old UniFrance promotes a vital film industry worldwide
- Fox Rocked by $179M 'Bones' Ruling: Lying, Cheating and "Reprehensible" Studio Fraud
- Vive la Différence!: French films are formidable In province of Quebec
- Facebook Slapped With Lawsuit Alleging Numerous Civil Rights Violations
- Interview with B.A. Shapiro, Author of The Art Forger
Google receives $167 million slap on the wrist from French authorities over 'opaque ad rules' have 300 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at December 20, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.