Mekong Delta has weak vulnerable geological structure, so any event in nature or human activities will have great influence on the land. To serve socio-economic development, people are increasingly affecting nature, worsening erosion on rivers, canals and ditches. Landslides not only cause asset damages, but also threaten the life of millions of people living in these areas. The increased number of landslides in the last 10 years is attributed to the construction of new infrastructure and houses near riverbanks, uncontrolled sand exploitation, and shortage of sediment due to the existence of a series of hydropower dams on the upper course. The increased number of landslides in the last 10 years is attributed to the construction of new infrastructure and houses near riverbanks, uncontrolled sand exploitation, and shortage of sediment due to the existence of a series of hydropower dams on the upper course. According to the Southern Research Institute of Water Resources, An Giang and Dong Thap, the two provinces at the Tien and Hau Riverhead have the most serious landslides. Linh Ha Saltwater enters Mekong Delta rivers earlier than normal Many provinces have been bracing for it following a forecast that the intrusion of seawater up rivers would be… Read full this story
- Vietnam's Mekong Delta residents worry about saline intrusion in dry season
- Hundreds feared dead in Brazilian dam fall as death toll reaches 58
- Flights rerouted as volcano alert level raised in Indonesia
- Spanish rescuers don't expect to reach toddler before Tuesday at earliest
- Spanish rescuers finish tunnel and set hopes on reaching trapped toddler today
- Mission in Málaga to rescue toddler Julen Roselló reaches critical point
- From Croke Park tears to Cardiff cheers: 20 of the best moments as the Six Nations reaches its 20th edition
- Kevin Palmer: 'A club that appears to appears to curiously thrive amid chaos is about to reach breaking point'
- England survive brutal onslaught on testing Antigua track to keep hopes of series-levelling victory alive
- Alarm bells ring as Scots business failures jump by fifth
Landslides in Mekong Delta reach alarming levels have 323 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 26, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.