North Korea has carried out a “very important” test at its Sohae satellite launch site, a rocket testing ground US officials once said Pyongyang had promised to close, state media KCNA have reported. The reported test comes as a year-end deadline North Korea has imposed on resuming missile tests nears, warning it could take a “new path” amid stalled denuclearisation talks with the US. The KCNA report called it a “successful test of great significance” on Saturday but did not specify what was tested. South Korea’s defence ministry said South Korea and the US were cooperating closely in monitoring activities at major North Korean sites including Tongchang-ri, the area where Sohae is located. Missile experts said it appeared likely the North Koreans had conducted a static test of a rocket engine, rather than a missile launch, which are usually quickly detected by neighbouring South Korea and Japan. “If it is indeed a static engine test for a new solid or liquid fuel missile, it is yet another loud signal that the door for diplomacy is quickly slamming, if it isn’t already,” said Dr Vipin Narang, a nuclear affairs expert at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. “This could be a very… Read full this story
- North Korea Reportedly Tests New Rocket Launcher For Second Time
- North Korea: Missile test was a ‘solemn warning’
- North Korea missile test was 'adequate warning to the US'
- Trump downplays North Korea missile test
- No Immediate Threat from Reported North Korea Missile Test
- Guam Homeland: No threat from North Korea missile test
- Homeland Security: North Korea missile test not a threat to Guam
- No threat from reported North Korea missile test
- Guam Homeland: No threat from reported North Korea missile tests
- North Korea reports 'super-large' rocket launcher test
North Korea claims test success at rocket launch site have 286 words, post on www.theguardian.com at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.