Scientists of the Genome Research Institute under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology are contributing to the accurate diagnosis of five rare diseases by using next-generation gene sequencing technology. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there are about 7,000 rare diseases worldwide, of which 80 percent have genetic components and 75 percent affect children (Bavisetty et al., 2013). Scientists of the Genome Research Institute meet the doctors of the Central Pediatric Hospital Maple syrup urine disease Seckel syndrome According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there are about 7,000 rare diseases worldwide, of which 80 percent have genetic components and 75 percent affect children (Bavisetty et al., 2013). The full genome sequencing of two patients diagnosed with Seckel syndrome discovered three new mutations on the PCNT gene. Cornelia de Lange Glycogen disease Urea metabolic disorder Linh Ha Controlling of infectious diseases to be tightened in Vietnam The Ministry of Health (MoH) has added chickenpox, mumps and rubella to the list of infectious diseases capable of rapid transmission and potentially fatal. Whitmore’s disease cases in Vietnam on the rise in rainy season The latest case of Whitmore’s disease, also known as melioidosis, was reported at Hanoi’s Duc Giang… Read full this story
- Dad hopes to raise awareness for daughter’s rare disease
- Official programme released for SMi’s 8th annual Orphan Drugs and Rare Diseases conference
- Scientists unveil genome of India’s national bird
- Boy, 5, diagnosed with disease that causes him to swell to 'twice his size'
- Hilo triathlete with rare disease riding cross-country with message
- Teen triathlete champions awareness of rare diseases — including his own
- Abeona Therapeutics opens The Elisa Linton Center for Rare Disease Therapies
- Georgia mom warns others after son, 5, contracts rare disease from tick bite
- The Fleetwood community plans a fundraiser for family whose baby girl has a rare disease
- Ebola 2.0? Hundreds in India Contract Rare Disease That Kills Most it Infects
Vietnamese scientists carry out genome sequencing to diagnose rare diseases have 311 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 10, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.