Desperate Chinese citizens unable to buy face masks have deployed fruit rinds and plastic bottle helmets to shield against the deadly coronavirus. Companies have been working overtime to supply citizens with protective masks amid surging demand as cases of the deadly flu-like virus soared to nearly 8,200 today. Social media posts show people donning tangerine and grapefruit skins as masks, water-cooler bottle headgear, while pranksters have mocked the health crisis with absurd alternatives, including iceberg lettuce. It comes as Chinese health officials warned people not to re-use their protective masks after videos emerged of people boiling their surgical masks and hanging them up to dry. Medical experts warned that this greatly reduces the effectiveness of the masks, a spokeswoman for the Gansu province Health Commission added that they should be discarded after just four hours of use. With more than 50 million residents on lock-down and 170 deaths in the country, some provinces such as Guangdong have mandated that people wear masks and are handing out fines for offenders. Scroll down for video. Posts on Chinese social media sites have shown the desperate lengths some have gone to, using grapefruit peel (left) to cover their faces, while others – such as… Read full this story
- Why you should still wear a face mask even after getting Covid vaccine
- How USA has become one giant hotspot: 1,172 Americans are now dying each day - an 80% increase in just one month - while hospitalizations soar to a record 96,000
- 770 students at Northumbria university in Newcastle have tested positive for coronavirus as the city is named England's new Covid hotspot with infections spiralling by 60%
- Bizarre moment police arrest a naked protester as tensions boil over at 'Invasion Day' demonstration in the heart of Sydney
- Shops get set for Wild Wednesday when national lockdown ends tomorrow with huge sales and longer opening hours - as desperate shopping centres enlist celebrities to urge people to 'shop physical' on the High Street
- Briton becomes first person in the WORLD to get approved Covid jab: Grandmother Margaret Keenan who turns 91 next week says 'it's the BEST birthday present ever' as she rolls up her sleeve on historic V-Day as UK's mass-vaccination programme begins
- The FDA Reversed Itself And Has Now Approved KN95 Masks For Emergency Use
- Tax rises ARE coming: Rishi Sunak warns he WILL need to balance the books after Covid crisis as he desperately tries to quell rumours of feud with 'special' Boris Johnson and vows to protect jobs in speech to Tory faithful
- Chinese citizen journalist arrested over Wuhan coronavirus reports 'is kept in restraints and fed by tube after going on a hunger strike in detention'
- 'The wheels are coming off': PM faces '100-strong' Tory revolt in Tiers vote TODAY as Labour abstains amid claims of ANOTHER secret dossier on economic hit – but Michael Gove insists Welsh lockdown shambles shows why tough restraints MUST stay
A grapefruit a day keeps the coronavirus away! Desperate Chinese resort to using FRUIT and BRAS as face masks… while pranksters mock the crisis with other hilarious alternatives have 470 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 30, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.