A team of experts from the National Health Commission (NHC) rushed to Wuhan in central China’s Hubei province on Tuesday and are “currently conducting relevant inspection and verification work”, state broadcaster CCTV reported. An emergency notification issued by the Wuhan municipal health committee said hospitals in the city had treated a “successive series of patients with unexplained pneumonia”. Of the 30 struck down by the virus, seven are in a critical condition while the others are stable, the NHC said in a statement. Most of the patients were stallholders at the local Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market, which has been shut down in the wake of the outbreak while authorities investigate. Initial laboratory tests found no “apparent human-to-human transmission” and so far no medical staff had been infected, the statement said. “Investigation of the cause of infection is ongoing,” it added. All patients have been quarantined and their close contacts are under medical observation, according to the commission. Police guard the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market, which has been linked to a mysterious flu-like virus. Picture: Yangtze DailySource:Supplied A Chinese medical researcher tests the SARS virus at a hospital laboratory in Guangzhou, southern China, at the height of the epidemic in 2003…. Read full this story
- China on Alert as U.S. Ships Pass Near Taiwan—'Ready to Thwart Provocation'
- UK doctors told to be on high alert for Ebola as outbreak of new ‘vaccine-proof’ strain in Uganda kills 10
- The 5 signs of Ebola you need to know as UK doctors told to be on high alert
- South Korea army "on high alert" over Kim Jong Un's missile, aircraft moves
- Sullivan's warning: Journalists should be on high alert
- Farmers fearing foot-and-mouth outbreak feel like 'sitting ducks'
- Nuclear Weapons Explained As Russia Puts Deterrent on High Alert
- China's Xi Jinping wins third term as leader of ruling Communist Party
- Coronavirus Related to SARS-CoV-2 Found in China Mine Was Sent to Wuhan Lab
- CDC: Surge In Young Kids Hospitalized With Respiratory Illnesses Like RSV, Flu
China on high alert following outbreak of SARS-like virus have 322 words, post on www.news.com.au at January 2, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.