ENGLAND TOUR OF SOUTH AFRICA, 2019-20 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Archer managed one appearance on the red-ball leg of the tour, picking up five wickets in opening Test that England lost by 107 runs in Centurion. © Getty Jofra Archer has been ruled out of the three-match T20I series against South Africa starting February 12, the ECB confirmed on Wednesday (January 29). The England pacer returned to the UK on Tuesday evening, with renewed focus on getting fit after sustaining soreness to his right elbow. The elbow injury forced him out of the second and third Test initially on the South Africa tour and eventually the fourth one as well after aggravating the injury in the warm-ups. England won all those three games to clinch a come-from-behind 3-1 series win. Archer though managed one appearance on the red-ball leg of the tour, picking up five wickets in opening Test that England lost by 107 runs in Centurion. Archer, who wasn’t a part of the ODI squad, will be replaced in the T20I side by Lancashire seamer Saqib Mahmood, who in return will now extend his stay in South Africa beyond the ODIs he was originally picked… Read full this story
- Klaasen to lead South Africa in T20Is against Pakistan
- Mohammad Abbas, Shan Masood left out for South Africa Tests
- PAK vs SA 2021: South Africa Not Easy to Beat But Pakistan Banking on Home Advantage, Says Coach Misbah-ul-Haq
- Chandimal and De Silva put Sri Lanka on top against South Africa
- Van Niekerk, Tryon out but South Africa happy to be back
- Luus counts on South Africa's 'game time' advantage
- South Africa look to roll back the years in Karachi's time-machine
- PAK vs SA: Imam-ul-Haq may not play against Proteas due to injury
- Olly Stone eager to get over 'frustrating' injury phase with Test selection
- MPs blast ministers for taking DAYS to ban travellers from Portugal and swathes of South America after learning about new Brazilian Covid strain - as passengers from Sao Paulo reveal they 'just walked through Heathrow unchecked'
Elbow injury forces Archer out of South Africa T20Is have 332 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at January 29, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.