If their voices won’t be heard inside a courtroom, they were determined to at least have their say outside.Women who have made allegations of sexual assault and misconduct against Harvey Weinstein, 67, staged a protest as he arrived for the start of his criminal trial.As the Oscar-winning producer made his way into New York’s supreme court – at the centre of a frenzy of cameras – the women huddled in an enclosure, holding signs calling for justice. High-profile voices – including Rose McGowan and Rosanna Arquette – acknowledged the significance of the first major trial of the #MeToo era, but questioned whether Hollywood has genuinely changed.Arquette said some in the industry have sympathy for the accused. Advertisement The women’s allegations do not feature in the current case against the movie mogul but they wanted to show support for the alleged victims.In the bitter cold of a Manhattan morning, there was an intensity to the shared strength of feeling. More from World UK pulls staff at Iranian and Iraqi embassies as PM distances himself from Trump threats to cultural sites US-led coalition to ‘scale back in Baghdad’ after Qassem Soleimani killing Three terror suspects arrested for trying to enter British army… Read full this story
- Harvey Weinstein hit with new sex crimes charges in LA
- One Year Later, What Is Going On With Harvey Weinstein?
- Harvey Weinstein free of COVID-19 symptoms, according to his spokesman
- After urinating before judge last year, man facing rape charges now soils himself in court
- Threesome rape trial: Victim's boyfriend testifies about how he planned 'sex game' with accused rapist
- Three ex-judges say West Feliciana DA bungled rape case, make unusual appeal to court
- Harvey Weinstein has been behind bars for a year. What's changed?
- Here are all the women who have accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual abuse so far
- Want to stop men like Harvey Weinstein from ruining women's lives? The solution is simple.
- Salma Hayek recalls 'traumatising' experience working with Harvey Weinstein on Frida
Harvey Weinstein rape trial: Alleged victims have their say outside court have 326 words, post on news.sky.com at January 6, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.