Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung (centre) speaks at the conference seeking ways to deal with saltwater intrusion on January 3 (Photo: VNA) Ben Tre (VNA) – A conference was held in Ben Tre province on January 3 to discuss measures for coping with drought and saltwater intrusion which are getting more serious in the Mekong Delta this dry season. Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Nguyen Xuan Cuong said saltwater intrusion in the 2019-2020 dry season has appeared earlier than in the 2015-2016 dry season, when the historic drought and saline intrusion caused huge losses to the Mekong Delta – the largest agricultural production hub of Vietnam. The situation is forecast to continue getting more serious, severely affecting local agricultural production and people's lives. Notably, the 2019 rainy season in the Mekong River basin came later than normal, with lower water flow than the average. As a result, water flow to the Mekong Delta , comprising 12 provinces and one centrally-run city, since the beginning of this dry season has fallen sharply, standing at a very low level compared to the average. Director General of the ministry's Directorate of Water Resources Nguyen Van Tinh said since January 1, the… Read full this story
- What Are the Issues Regarding Long Term Care and Long Term Care Insurance?
- How to Pay For Long-Term Care Without Breaking the Bank
- Forum urges solutions to erosion, saline intrusion in Mekong Delta
- Prepare For Long Term Travel
- The One Essential Factor For a Fulfilling Long Term Relationship
- Low Glycemic Diet - 3 Reasons Why Diets Fail and How the Low Glycemic Diet Works For the Long Term
- Bad Credit? - No Problem For Long Term Loans
- Xbox Repair Service - Save Yourself Money Long Term
- The Natural Ways to Deal With Panic Attacks
- Practical Solutions - Management Challenges Conquered
Mekong Delta needs long-term solutions to deal with saline intrusion have 291 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 3, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.