Firefighters are battling a blaze at a car dealership in the western part of Nelson.
A Fire and Emergency NZ spokesperson said fire crews received calls at about 22:08pm to the fire at MS Ford in Haven Rd, a semi-industrial area.
When firefighters arrived on the scene the building was already well alight.
At least seven fire trucks from Nelson, Stoke and Richmond have responded to the fire.
Sounds of what could be gas bottles exploding could be heard coming from the building.
Residents feared the fire could spread to a bushy area situated at the rear of the building and pose a threat to houses on the nearby hill.
State Highway 6 was closed in both directions.
According to the spokesperson no reports of injuries or any people in the building have been received.
- Hinsdale Car Dealership's Plan Upsets Residents
- New car dealership brings a trusted name to Matamata
- Who’s going to force car tech into the 21st century? Weirdly enough, AT&T
- JLR opens new dealership in Bengaluru
- Skoda Auto partners with EVM Motors & Vehicles to open new dealership in Kerala
- Kia dealership in Bangalore delivers 10 Carnival on a single day
- Automax Truck and Car Center Promotes Pre-Owned Pickup Trucks to Farmington, NM Drivers
- Car sales in India to stabilise in 2020 on back of stimulus measures, discounts: Moody's
- Officer Trying To Assist In Crash Opens Fire On Driver Of Stolen Car In Garden Grove
- Cash-starved Cuban state sells used cars for dollars for first time