After landing on Terra 2 for the first time, I made my way to a small, private company-owned town called Edgewater for some business. As I approached the colony, mostly known for the Saltuna Cannery, I stopped to talk to a man in a hard hat who was hanging around outside. “None of us own our gravesites,” the man, named Silas, told me. “We rent them from the company.” Edgewater is owned by Spacer’s Choice, meaning that almost everyone who lives there is at the whims of the mega-corporation. They face incredibly harsh working conditions, often fleeing to live somewhere else, without protection, on the planet. They also have to pay to rent a spot for their future grave in the cemetery. Some families had become delinquent, and Silas needed me to collect the money that was due, discreetly and by whatever means necessary. “Look, I don’t want to talk about it,” he said, asking me to strong-arm one person in particular. “Just make sure he pays up.” That was one of my first encounters in The Outer Worlds, a first-person adventure game developed by Obsidian Entertainment. It’s set in a universe where President William McKinley was never assassinated in… Read full this story
- ‘Mad Max’ warning for world? Economic forum fears seeds of ‘dystopian future’ are being planted today
- 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' scribe talks future of Wolverine and scale of sequel, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- U.S., Israel successfully test outer space defense system that could shoot down missiles fired by Iran
- As 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' travels in time, Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy look back and ahead
- Japan to launch world’s first conversational humanoid robot into space
- 'Twilight' director Chris Weitz pens his first novel, the apocalyptic 'The Young World'
- Hezbollah leader Nasrallah calls for protest against anti-Islam film as clashes continue around the Muslim World
- Meet the world’s 7 billionth person: Danica May Camacho born in Philippines
- ‘Aryayek Time Traveling Machine’: Iranian scientist claims to have invented device that looks into the future
- Pope: Gay marriage threatens humanity’s future
The Outer Worlds’ dystopian future is far off, but it’s not impossible have 340 words, post on www.theverge.com at January 28, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.