‘Industry observers are certain the next attempt will succeed even if they have to browbeat someone into buying as the government has put its might behind it,’ predicts Anjuli Bhargava. Aviation in India, during the rule of the NDA government as compared with the 10 years of the UPA rule, has lost what I call is its ‘personality’. As a reporter covering the sector, I remember then aviation minister Praful Patel (2004-2011) loomed large almost on a daily basis in the newspapers, leading the Indian media on a merry dance and handing out breaking news like it was confetti. That is not to take away from the fact that he did make sweeping changes through his tenure. While the jury was out — and still is — whether all the reforms were undertaken with national interest in mind or for other considerations, nobody can deny that he changed the face of the sector over his seven-year ministership.But it wasn’t just at the ministerial level. Even in the airlines, personalities ruled. Reporters followed the daily high life and exploits of the ‘King of Good Times’, the underhand machinations of Naresh Goyal aka NG, Captain G R Gopinath aka Capt Gopi who… Read full this story
- Will Modi take swadeshi route to privatise Air India?
- To take on IndiGo, the Tatas have no option but to merge Vistara with Air India
- Tata Group | Air India : Singapore's competition commission raises concerns with Tata Group on Air India's acquisition
- Explained: How an Air India ticketing ‘racket’ unravelled due to Covid-19
- Singapore's competition commission raises concerns with Tata Group on Air India's acquisition
- Tatas may finalise deal to buy wide-body aircraft for Air India next year
- Air India plans to buy low-cost AirAsia India - Times of India
- Air India | AirAsia : CCI approves acquisition of AirAsia India by Air India
- Maldives welcomes Air India flight with water cannon salute. Watch video
- Air India’s acquisition of AirAsia India gets CCI nod
Will Modi find a buyer for Air India? have 318 words, post on www.rediff.com at January 11, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.