The Chancellor of the Exchequer, Sajid Javid, has quit as Boris Johnson reshuffles his Cabinet. Javid resigned on Thursday, 13 February, after the Prime Minister asked him to sack all his advisers. He is the first Chancellor to leave before presenting a Budget since Lord Randolph Churchill in 1886. Javid has been replaced by Rishi Sunak, the Chief Secretary to the Treasury, who has been promoted. Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell: “This must be a historical record with the government in crisis after just over two months in power. Dominic Cummings has clearly won the battle to take absolute control of the Treasury and install his stooge as Chancellor.” #reshuffle — Chris Mason (@ChrisMasonBBC) February 13, 2020 Javid’s departure follows months of tension between the Chancellor and Johnson’s special adviser, Dominic Cummings. In August last year one of Javid’s advisers, Sonia Khan, was escorted from Downing Street by police after her security clearance was withdrawn. The Force is strong in young Sunak. https://t.co/96x4zZ2DxI — Sajid Javid (@sajidjavid) December 20, 2019 Javid – who ran for the leadership of the party last year – reportedly “voiced his anger” to Boris Johnson about the manner of her departure. The Chancellor’s departure even caught… Read full this story
- General election: Chancellor Sajid Javid downgrades Boris Johnson's low-paid workers' savings pledge
- Chancellor Sajid Javid warns Brits they will ‘pay the price’ for Jeremy Corbyn’s ‘fantasy economics’
- Chancellor Sajid Javid reveals scrapping inheritance tax 'on my mind'
- Chancellor Sajid Javid to pledge extra £2bn for key Brexit projects
- Tory leadership results CONFIRMED as Boris Johnson leads with landslide
- Corbyn and his Marxist cronies would take a sledgehammer to the economy, warns Boris Johnson as he prepares to launch the Tory manifesto in Labour’s heartlands
- Who should be in Boris Johnson's Cabinet? Our writers have their say
- Tory Keynesianism? Boris Johnson's Postponed Tax Cuts Signals Shift In Conservative Economic Agenda
- Boris Johnson’s national insurance promise will be hard to keep
- Boris Johnson promises Brexit vote by Christmas as Conservatives launch manifesto
Cabinet Reshuffle: Chancellor Sajid Javid Quits After Boris Johnson Orders Him To Fire Advisers have 336 words, post on sputniknews.com at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.