World Health Organisation (WHO), on February 11, announced that the novel Coronavirus 2019 would officially be called Covid-19.WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus announced the official name on Twitter. “Having a name matters to prevent the use of other names that can be inaccurate or stigmatizing,” Ghebreyesus said.We now have a name for the disease caused by the novel coronavirus: COVID-19.Having a name matters to prevent the use of other names that can be inaccurate or stigmatizing. #COVID19https://t.co/HTNjm27BHw— Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (@DrTedros) February 11, 2020Close The ‘Co’ stands for corona, ‘vi’ for virus, ‘d’ for disease, and the ’19’ stands for the year of its outbreak. Tedros said the name had been chosen to avoid references to a specific geographical location, animal species or group of people in line with international recommendations for naming aimed at preventing stigmatisation. related news Coronavirus outbreak: Nearly 5,000 recoveries made across the globe China’s Communist Party faces its biggest crisis since SARS EIU lowers global growth forecast for 2020 amid coronavirus scare Previously, Covid-19 was called as the 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease by WHO, and China’s National Health Commission temporarily called it novel coronavirus pneumonia.Ghebreyesus further informed the media that the United Nations (UN) has… Read full this story
- Recovered from Covid-19, Odisha woman has a message
- First CPEC and now China’s Covid-19: Gilgit-Baltistan’s growing woes | Opinion
- NAFDAC screening local cures for COVID-19 — FG
- The Four Men Responsible For America’s COVID-19 Test Disaster
- Drop in number of fatalities as civic bodies struggle to update data due to Covid-19 lockdown
- France: Opening-up in Current Conditions May Boost COVID-19 Spread & Its Toll, Politician Warns
- China trying to steal COVID-19 vaccine research ―US FBI
- Is South Korea's LGBT+ community being scapegoated for COVID-19 spread?
- CDC issues alert to doctors over Kawasaki-like disease linked to Covid-19 that affects children and has been reported in at least 19 states
- US urges 'transparency' on Covid-19 statistics in Africa
Coronavirus outbreak: WHO officially names disease Covid-19 have 316 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.