Email ABC Radio National By Farz Edraki and Hilary Harper for Life Matters Updated February 02, 2020 10:45:53 Photo: Building a farm hasn’t been easy, and John Chester says there was a level of naivety involved. (Supplied) Related Story: ‘If we mimic Mother Nature, it can’t not work’: A revolution in our paddocks Related Story: ‘To say we were ill-equipped might be under-baking it slightly’: A not-so-perfect tree change Map: United States The uprooting of Molly and John Chester’s lives began when they adopted a rescue dog.Or, to be exact, when its “incessant barking” got the couple evicted from their home.”And then we thought: ‘we’ve always wanted to be on a farm — now let’s make it happen’,” John tells ABC RN’s Life Matters.So they did, surrendering their Los Angeles life to pursue their long-held dream. Photo: For the Chesters, if an animal is being farmed for food, it’s important they have the most humane life possible. (Supplied) It wasn’t long before they had more animals — chickens, sheep, cattle, pigs, fish — as well as their principal mainstay: crops and plants.But the transition to farm life wasn’t easy.Unlikely farmersNeither had prior farming experience; John was a documentary filmmaker and… Read full this story
- Inside Lavasa, India's first entirely private city built from scratch
- Revealed: London's top ten most expensive garden squares where Britain's super-rich take a breather from bustling city life... just a stone's throw from their multi-million pound homes
- Meet the cast of ITV’s White House Farm – from Cressida Bonas to Alfie Allen
- America's 'detainee 001' – the persecution of John Walker Lindh
- Experimental City: How Rotterdam Became A World Leader In Sustainable Urban Design
- A life in writing: Ronald Blythe
- Meet LA's 'power players': Tatler reveals the high-profile people you NEED to know to get invited to the city's 'most illustrious parties' - from the Hiltons to Balthazar Getty
- National Trust: Is it relevant if you live in a town or city?
- What a Foo Believes: The Sweet Life and Rock & Roll Faith of America’s Biggest Band
- GPs battle fatalism in neighbourhood with Britain's worst life expectancy
How Molly and John Chester quit their city life and built a farm from scratch have 351 words, post on www.abc.net.au at February 2, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.