Thousands of patients across the UK can be tested for coronavirus every day with a new diagnostic test, the Government has said. Preparation to control cases have been stepped up after a third British person tested positive for the virus yesterday and the Government faced a backlash for its ‘passive’ and ‘weak’ response to the advancing outbreak. From Monday, twelve laboratories in the UK will have the capacity to analyse swabs taken from suspected patients. Until now, only one lab in London has been able to do this. A total of 620 tests have been conducted on UK citizens, of which 617 were confirmed negative and three positive. But experts have warned the UK to brace for more cases to emerge, as The World Health Organisation expects the ‘peak’ in China is yet to come. Some 16 countries have barred travellers from China entering, but the UK has not followed suit, leading to a barrage of criticism for failing to protect the country with speediness. Last night the Government issued ‘updated travel advice’ – which simply warned travellers from nine Asian countries ‘to phone NHS 111 and quarantine themselves’ if they feel ill. Cases of coronavirus worldwide passed 31,000 today,… Read full this story
- Apocalypse Now: Israel bombards Gaza for fifth straight day with nearly 1,000 airstrikes paving the way for imminent invasion
- Londoners suffer in stifling 107F on busy Tube while UK roasts in heatwave... as Britain braces for hottest day EVER on Tropical Thursday
- How could China intervene in Hong Kong protests?
- Andrew Yang: The U.S. government is 24 years behind on tech
- Why do England's high-rises keep failing fire tests?
- The Reunion: a new science-fiction story about surveillance in China
- Who's who in Team Boris after brutal cull of Theresa May era: Boris Johnson tells his new-look 'Brexit Cabinet' that Britain is at a 'pivotal moment'
- Salmonella sickens nearly three dozen people amid recall of more than 200 million eggs
- CDC Director says an epidemic like the Spanish flu outbreak of 1918 that killed 100MILLION is 'very possible' and the thought keeps him awake at night
- 'We're ready to go in': Turkish army confirms preparations to invade Syria 'are complete' as explosions are seen on the border - as Donald Trump says 'let them take care of it' after pulling troops from the area despite fears for safety of
More than 1,000 people in the UK can be tested for coronavirus EVERY DAY with new diagnostic test as Government steps up preparation amid backlash at its 'weak' response to the outbreak in China have 376 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 7, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.