JEREMY Corbyn was today ridiculed over his “delusional” claim the coronavirus crisis has vindicated his barmy economic policies. The Labour leader said the Government’s massive bailout package for workers and businesses proved he was “absolutely right” on public sending levels. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates But opponents said the left-winger’s policies would have left the nation broke and unable to cope with such a major challenge. Former Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith told The Sun: “What Jeremy Corbyn said was both arrogant and wrong. “If he now believes that, when what we are engaged in at the moment is as a result of this incredible health and economic crisis unprecedented in modern times, then at the last election what he was really offering was a vision of an economically bankrupt country. “No wonder the British people sensibly rejected his views.”Tory MP Rob Roberts said the outgoing Labour leader was “delusional to the end”. He fumed: “We are taking these extraordinary steps in a time of crisis. You wanted to make them normal. “I’m so glad the people saw through your destructive policies at every election you fought. Unbelievable.” And fellow Tory MP Alicia… Read full this story
- The day Jeremy Corbyn blew up on the launch pad: Labour leader is hit by THREE body blows as party's Jewish wing refuses to back him, BBC is vindicated over anti-Semitism expose, and Nicola Sturgeon condemns him as 'utterly useless'
- Aides hold Jeremy Corbyn back after reporter asks if he was 'running away'
- This is Labour’s greatest crisis. Time to fight back
- UK faces Brexit crisis after Europe’s leaders demand: ‘Get out now’
- Labour caught in struggle to survive media attacks, says John McDonnell
- Shadow cabinet resignations: who has gone and who is staying
- Angela Eagle threatens to break Labour impasse with leadership bid
- Trump says Johnson and Farage could form 'unstoppable force'
- Momentum chief calls for Labour candidate selection rerun in London
- European leaders can ‘go whistle’ over EU divorce bill, says Boris Johnson
Jeremy Corbyn ridiculed over ‘delusional’ claim coronavirus crisis has vindicated his barmy policies have 336 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 27, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.