The live music industry could lose billions due to the spread of coronavirus, with artists forced to cancel tours and festivals including the Coachella and Stagecoach festivals postponed until October. The global live events industry is valued at $26 billion, but booking, management, and venue staff have been left reeling by the global pandemic, which has killed thousands of people around the world, including 39 in the US. So far, many independent events and major artists have scrapped or changed their plans, due to growing fears about coronavirus and health recommendations to avoid large crowd gatherings. The live music industry stands to lose billions with artists cancelling tours and festivals over coronavirus concerns. Porter Robinson is pictured performing at Coachella, a music festival which this year has been postponed until October because of the virus Booking, management, and venue sources are staying mum over what may be cancelled next, or say they just don’t have a plan in place just yet over how to respond to CODVID-19. Singer Matthew Ramsey of the band Old Dominion performs onstage at Stagecoach Pearl Jam was expected to start a tour for their first album in seven years next week, but due to growing coronavirus and recommendations to avoid… Read full this story
- Ja Rule apologizes after Fyre Festival cancellation
- Tamworth Country Music Festival brings relief in drought and a surprising sense of diversity
- Pop's undersung heroes: artists with big influence but small reputation
- Streaming spells the end of the 'ownership' era of music, but are we ready to let go?
- Page McConnell Talks Reviving His Psychedelic Project Vida Blue and Phish’s Summer Tour
- How rave music conquered America
- Stop! Put down the office stereo - it's the music police
- The hidden cost of coronavirus: How more than $2billion could be wiped off Australia's struggling economy and 20,000 people could lose their jobs
- Tour agencies report losses from coronavirus outbreak
- Wuhan healthcare workers speak of challenges while dealing with coronavirus outbreak
Live music industry could lose billions due to coronavirus as tours and festivals are cancelled while artists struggle to delay release schedules have 318 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.