Researchers at the University of Oxford are looking for over 500 healthy volunteers to test if their vaccine, called ‘ChAdOx1 nCoV-19’, can prevent the novel coronavirus.The team at Oxford will enroll healthy volunteers aged between 18-55, who, if pass screening, will be the first humans to test the new vaccine, the university said in a statement on Friday.The trial, a collaboration between the university’s Jenner Institute and Oxford Vaccine Group clinical teams, will recruit up to 510 volunteers, who will receive either the ‘ChAdOx1 nCoV-19’ vaccine or a control injection for comparison.The trial will provide valuable information on the safety aspects of the vaccine, as well as its ability to generate an immune response against the virus.The trial has been approved by UK regulators and ethical reviewers. Researchers are working as quickly as possible to get the vaccine ready to be used in the trial, which includes further preclinical investigations and production of a larger number of doses of the vaccine.Interested individuals can volunteer to participate on the COVID-19 vaccine website, University of Oxford said.While the team will start screening people now to see if they are eligible to take part in the study, participants will… Read full this story
- Japan to offer Vietnam another 500,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses
- Everything Parents Need To Know About The Covid-19 Vaccine Trial Results For Kids
- Pfizer says its COVID-19 vaccine is more than 90% effective against infection in children aged 5-11
- Pitt Requiring COVID-19 Vaccines For Students, Employees
- 2020: How years of trials, research were compressed into months in developing a Covid-19 vaccine
- Britain begins trial of multivariant COVID-19 vaccine booster
- Top US Scientist Says Trial Results of Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine 'Stunningly Impressive'
- Valneva reports positive results for its COVID-19 vaccine candidate
- When can kids under 12 get the COVID-19 vaccine? What parents need to know
- Miami private school asks teachers not to get Covid-19 vaccine or they won't be allowed to return next year
Oxford University to recruit 500 volunteers for COVID-19 vaccine trial have 316 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at March 28, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.