The Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world: ___ The site of the U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York is going to be used for 350 temporary hospital beds and to prepare food packages during the coronavirus pandemic. U.S. Tennis Association spokesman Chris Widmaier says an area that houses indoor courts at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows will begin to be converted into a medical facility starting Tuesday. New York state and city officials are trying to increase hospital capacity by up to 87,000 beds to handle the outbreak. Widmaier adds that kitchens at Louis Armstrong Stadium — the second-largest arena used for the Grand Slam tournament scheduled to begin in late August — will be used for putting together 25,000 meal packages per day for patients, workers, volunteers and schoolchildren in the city. The USTA originally had said it was going to keep the facility open for people to take lessons, practice or play tennis. But then the group changed course and said it was shutting the site to the public. The Wall Street Journal first reported on the use of the tennis center. ___ Orlando Magic… Read full this story
- Temporary Staffing Agency - How to Start
- Your Web Site Is A Wonderland: What Picasso's Art Taught Me About Persuasive Design
- Tata Housing Launching New Project Lavida in Gurgaon Sector 113– by Ray White Gurgaon
- Mayfair Group: Temporary hiring soared non-farm payroll data by 500,000 jobs in May
- What Kind of Web-Site Suits Your Business?
- Sony Ericsson W300i Rocks the House
- Arts center will open with reception
- Email, the Next Best Thing to a House Call
- Don't Leave the House Until You've Cleaned Up Your Room!
- The Benefits of Classified Ads Web Sites
The Latest: US Open tennis site to house temporary hospital have 284 words, post on apnews.com at March 30, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.