Thousands of people have hit the streets across Bangladesh to protest against Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the country on 17 March. The huge numbers of Bangladeshi nationals are lodging a strong protest against Modi over communal clashes in Delhi that left 51 people dead and against the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA). The mass gathering started off from the Baitul Mukarram National Mosque in Dhaka and blocked several roads in the capital city, leading to hours of traffic jams on the roads. Sea of people protests in #Dhaka to prevent #Modi’s arrival in #Bangladesh.#GetOutModi #GoBackModi #DelhiRiots2020 #AntiMuslimRiot pic.twitter.com/zLYNJsdwLY — Sakibul Hoque 🇧🇩 (@SakibulHoque8) March 6, 2020 Modi is set to visit neighbouring Bangladesh on 17 March as a chief guest for the 100th anniversary of Bangladesh’s founding leader Mujibur Rahman, confirmed External Affairs Ministry spokesman Raveesh Kumar on Thursday. The protesters threw stones at posters of Modi and burned his portraits with many of them shouting slogans and carrying banners reading: “Stop killing Muslims in Delhi and Kashmir” and “Save Indian Muslims”. The protesters demanded Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to cancel the visit by Modi to commemorate the birthday of independence leader Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Countrywide protests against… Read full this story
- On World Youth Skills Day, PM Modi’s mantra is skill, re-skill and up-skill
- It’s too early to call off SAARC and say it isn’t relevant or viable: Bhutan PM
- Northeast has potential to become India’s growth engine: PM Narendra Modi
- Mr PM: Allow our military to prove its worth!
- Can China and Pakistan profit as Bangladesh turns from India?
- Modi, Mauritius PM to inaugurate Port Louis SC built with Indian aid
- NYPD cracks down: ALL leave is canceled as cops enforce an 8pm curfew ahead of another night of carnage after failing to stop looters despite putting 8,000 on the street
- How Chris Whitty killed Spanish holidays: Chief Medical Officer 'DEMANDED ministers put Spain back on quarantine list after ten Brits returned with virus' - amid fears that France and German holidays could also be axed
- Has the Government just ruined ALL foreign summer holidays? Travel firms warn of a wave of cancellations across France, Italy and Greece after ministers hit the 'nuclear button' and put Spain on quarantine list at just five hours notice
- PM’s speech, unfurling Tricolour part of mellowed down Independence Day celebrations
Thousands Protest in Bangladesh with Demand to Cancel Indian PM Modi's Upcoming Visit - Videos have 389 words, post on sputniknews.com at March 7, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.