(CNN)His boss might be famed Mercedes F1 chief Toto Wolff, but Ian James is bringing his own “passionate” approach as head of the marque’s fledgling Formula E team. The Briton has been tasked with turning Mercedes, the dominant force of Formula 1, into the front-runner in the electric racing series. Five races in, the rookie outfit lies in fifth place, with its ex-McLaren F1 driver Stoffel Vandoorne twice finishing on the podium. Its appearance in Formula E is down in no uncertain terms to a dramatic and very public U-turn by Wolff, who was an early skeptic of the series. He even said at the team’s unveiling he “didn’t believe that Formula E could make it.” Read More Now, though, Wolff is a fully fledged convert, and he turned to James to lead Mercedes’ venture into electric motor sport. READ: Ellie Goulding: Formula E is ‘literally the future’ READ: Mitch Evans on Formula E’s era of change Ian James in Riyadh at the start of the Formula E 2019-20 season. James shuns comparisons with Wolff, but also aims to copy his boss. “It’s brilliant to work with someone like Toto,” said James. “At a race weekend, we speak on multiple… Read full this story
- Lewis Hamilton slated for being a hypocrite after 'save our planet' post sparks fear
- Petrolhead Lewis Hamilton tells fans the 'only way to save the planet' is by going VEGAN... after making career out of racing gas-guzzling F1 cars and using his own jet to zip across globe
- BMW, Mercedes and Fiat Make Top Cars, But What Else Have They Made?
- Local flavour has Exeter and Sparkes looking to go one step further
- What is the Best Way to Gain Muscle Mass? Follow My 5 Step Formula
- Niki Lauda would have been proud of how Lewis Hamilton earned a hard-fought win in Monaco
- Meet The Guy Who Drove Across The U.S. In A Record 28 Hours 50 Minutes
- From SNL to Game of Thrones, the most influential TV shows of the decade, ranked
- MLS Cup Round 1 preview: Everything you need to know
- Roborace features all-electric self-driving race cars, where programmers are the stars
'Toto Wolff of Formula E' aims to make sparks fly for Mercedes have 352 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 11, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.