The National Meteorological Center issued a blue alert for dust storms – the lowest level of its ratings – for most northern areas in China on Thursday, warning that as a result the region will remain dusty next week. The center also forecast that sandstorms will hit the southern basin of the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region starting Friday. Meanwhile, parts of the provinces of Gansu, Shaanxi, Shanxi, Hebei and Henan, as well as the Inner Mongolia autonomous region, will be blanketed by sand or dust. Under the influence of strong winds, the dust is expected to affect Beijing, causing its PM10 – particulate matter with diameters of 10 microns – to rise significantly, the center said. Data from the Beijing Municipal Environmental Monitoring Center showed that on Thursday, the density of PM10 in the capital rocketed to 492 micrograms per cubic meter in its northwestern parts, reaching pollution level Grade 6, the highest air pollution rating. The index dropped to a slightly higher-than-average level several hours later. According to the center, on Saturday, North China and areas along the Yellow and the Huaihe rivers will experience winds of at least 28 kilometers per hour. The Bohai Sea and the Yellow… Read full this story
- Cold airs to travel Northern region soon
- Denver weather: High winds sweep through Front Ridge, northern region
- Foul air covers all of Northern California: ‘It’s smoke all over the place’
- Downpours to hit Southern, Central Highlands regions in late September
- Foul air covers all of Northern California: 'It’s smoke all over the place'
- Bay Area air quality improves, but smoke to linger for days
- Experts Explain Why Air Quality And Smoke Levels Are Different Around Sacramento Region
- California Submerged In Sea Of Smoke: Sacramento Air Quality Plummets To Hazardous Levels
- ‘Triple whammy’ of smoke, heat, smog to spoil Bay Area weekend air quality
- Are we heading for an Indian Summer? Britain will enjoy 75F temperatures this week as hot air plume from continent sends mercury soaring... and it could get even hotter
Dusty, sandy air to sweep northern region have 323 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at April 17, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.