close Video National forecast for Thursday, April 23 Fox News senior meteorologist Janice Dean has your FoxCast. Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here. A powerful line of thunderstorms that triggered a tornado warning for part of New York City on Tuesday actually whirled up what’s known as “gustnado,” according to forecasters. The National Weather Service (NWS) office in New York said the thunderstorm whirlwind moved over the Harlem River around 2:30 p.m. in the afternoon, south of the Broadway Bridge that connects Northern Manhattan with the Bronx. The gustnado then hit the shoreline of the Bronx before dissipating north of Fordham Road, according to forecasters. MASSIVE ‘ICE SHOVE’ PILES UP ALONG MINNESOTA LAKEFRONT, THREATENING BUILDINGS Radar velocity estimates and a wind observation of 71 mph from Fordham in the Bronx indicate the gustnado had estimated wind speeds of between 70 to 75 mph. A thunderstorm passes over lower Manhattan and One World Trade Center in New York City, April 21, 2020. A “gustnado” was reported in Northern Manhattan from the storms. (Photo by Gary Hershorn) According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), a gustnado is a small, whirlwind which forms as an eddy… Read full this story
- Severe weather threat for over 90 million in Northeast after storms slam NYC area, spark church fire
- Severe weather, flash flooding possible for over 90 million from Ohio Valley to Northeast
- Australia’s east looks set for a VERY wet week ahead as a deep low-pressure system closes in on the coast - bringing torrential rain, damaging winds and potential flooding
- Rain bomb hits Australia: Flooding, torrential rain and wind strong enough to bring down trees and power lines wreaks havoc across the east coast - and it's only getting started
- Australia's east is battered by wild weather as torrential rain causes flash flooding and chaos on the roads - here's how long it will last
- Rain bomb heads for Australia this weekend bringing gusty winds and freezing temperatures – so how will the weather be near you?
- Cars are lifted from roads and buildings reduced to rubble as Australia is battered by 'once-in-a-decade' storm with 82mph winds
- Coronavirus-ravaged NYC could be hit by Hurricane Isaias NEXT WEEK as the Bahamas prepare to get slammed today
- Western, central Nebraska under risk of severe storms
- Minnesota man 'ejected' from boat in severe thunderstorm, swims over a mile to shore
NYC saw 'gustnado' as severe weather slammed Northeast with damaging winds have 392 words, post on www.foxnews.com at April 23, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.