IMAGE: A man wearing a mask walks past the logo of the Euro 2020 soccer Championship in Otopeni, Romania. Photograph: Octav Ganea/Reuters UEFA bowed to the inevitable on Wednesday and suspended all Champions League and Europa League matches ‘until further notice’ due to the coronavirus pandemic. European soccer’s governing body also said all national team games scheduled for June have been postponed, including playoff matches for Euro 2020, which has been moved to 2021. The finals of the Champions League, Europa League and Women’s Champions League, all of which were scheduled for May, had already been postponed. While most leagues in Europe hope to finish their domestic seasons once restrictions on movement and social contact are lifted, UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said last week the season could be lost if play does not start by the end of June.
- Champions League could be moved to ‘final eight’ one-off mini-tournament from 2023 as Uefa begin talks
- UEFA Champions League standings, state of play with two matchweeks left
- Bayern Munich vs Sevilla FREE: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time, team news for TONIGHT’S Uefa Super Cup clash
- Explained: How Premier League fans will return
- Champions League could be extended to 36 teams and restructured into single table with 10 matches for each side
- Champions League giants facing huge cash crisis with Uefa taking £530m off prize money in blow to Man Utd and Chelsea
- Champions League last eight format with single-game knockouts is ‘more exciting’ and could stay, says Uefa boss
- Champions League wrap: Bayern seals group, Real Madrid tops Inter
- Dest, De la Fuente speak on making USMNT, Champions League history
- Uefa beg Fifa to change ‘unfair’ handball laws with VAR controversy in Chelsea’s win over Rennes the final straw
UEFA suspends Champions League, Europa League 'until further notice' have 279 words, post on m.rediff.com at April 1, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.