By MAUREEN ONGALA More by this Author Police in Kilifi have arrested 21 people in connection with the Sunday night killing of an officer in Rabai Sub-County.Kilifi County Police Commander James Mugera said a gang armed with machetes and other crude weapons attacked two police officers who were heading to their station after their patrol on Sunday at 7.30pm.“Two of our officers based at Kambe-Ribe Police Station within Rabai Sub-County were going back to the station after patrol and they were using Bondora-Mwakirunge road and as they were heading back they arrested a bodaboda rider who was transporting mnazi and they were escorting him to the police station for further action,” said Mugera.ATTACKED FROM BEHINDMr Mugera said the victim, Kelvin Kiragu, was carrying the evidence when he was attacked from behind by unknown people. The suspect, Harrison Mwamuye, also joined in the attack.“The officer was seriously injured and he succumbed to the injuries. During the incident we lost a G3 rifle with 20 rounds that had been issued to that police,” the police boss added. Related Stories Kilifi gang kills patrolling officer, escapes with gun Advertisement He said they are in the process of recovering the gun.“Up to now we… Read full this story
- 'I had a chance to kill a police officer when I was 19. I never done it. I might as well kill you.'
- California man arrested for killing one police officer, wounding another
- Man arrested after suspected drunk-driver assaults police officer
- Death row inmate who has forgotten he killed a police officer shouldn't be executed, say lawyers
- Shrewsbury woman, 21, jailed for impersonating a police officer and stalking her partner
- Afghanistan: Suicide bomber in Kabul kills several police officers
- Murder suspect arrested as Hull police investigate woman's death
- Police officer assaulted while searching caravan, magistrates heard
- Police officers assaulted in NYE drama
- Senior police officer DID throw stress ball at colleague and found to have committed misconduct
21 suspects arrested over killing of Kilifi police officer have 314 words, post on www.nation.co.ke at May 4, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.