close Video Secret ‘piggy bank’ of 1,200-year-old gold coins discovered in Israel An archeological dig in Israel uncovered a secret ‘piggy bank’ of 1,200-year-old gold coins. A 6-year-old boy in Israel has discovered a 3,500-year-old clay tablet depicting an ancient captive and his captor. Imri Elya found the tablet during a hiking trip to the Tel Jemmeh archaeological site in the Negev desert with his parents, according to the Times of Israel. He picked up the small clay object and showed it to his parents, who contacted the Israel Antiquities Authority. Officials at the Israel Antiquities Authority then handed the artifact to the country’s National Treasures Department. The tablet, thought to be from the ancient Canaanite civilization, depicts a captor leading a naked captive. Experts note that at the time the tablet was created, the Egyptian Empire ruled the land of Canaan, which was composed of “city-states” ruled by local kings. Some 3,500 years ago, the region was riven with conflict between the Canaanite kings. HIDDEN UNDERGROUND CHAMBERS DISCOVERED NEAR WESTERN WALL IN JERUSALEM “The artist who created this tablet appeared to have been influenced by similar representations known in Ancient Near East art,” said archaeologists Saar Ganor, Itamar Weissbein and… Read full this story
- Centuries-old sculptures discovered in Peru
- 7-Year-Olds Are Selling AR-15 Raffle Tickets for Their Baseball Team
- Salman Khan's protege Zaheer Iqbal takes his 11-year-old co-star under his wings
- Daycare where 3-year-old died in hot van closed Friday 'until further notice'
- Boy, 7, put in bathtub filled with hot water during Texas home invasion, police say
- Car thief shot boy, six, in his eye, both arms, and the back of the head after he found him sleeping in the car he'd just stolen
- CNN Expert Defends Dad Who Forced 4 Year-Old to Run Ahead of Car in Viral Video
- Ancient Black Plague Found in Swedish Gravesite
- Did Scientists Just Discover the Last Common Ancestor of All Apes?
- My Year Of Flops Case File #48
6-year-old boy discovers 3,500-year-old clay tablet depicting ancient captive have 317 words, post on www.foxnews.com at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.