SYDNEY (Reuters) – Global coronavirus cases surpassed 3.5 million on Monday and deaths neared a quarter of a million, according to a Reuters tally, concerning experts who fear substantial underreporting even as the rate of fatalities and new cases slows. FILE PHOTO: A health worker walks around the NYU Langone Hospital, during the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the Manhattan borough of New York City, New York, U.S., May 3, 2020. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz/File Photo North America and European countries, where growth rates are easing, still accounted for most of the new infections reported in recent days. But case numbers were rising from smaller bases in Latin America, Africa and Russia, and experts expressed concern that the overall data falls well short of the true impact of the pandemic. Globally, there were 74,779 new cases over the past 24 hours, according to the Reuters tally that is based on official government data, taking total cases to around 3.52 million. That compares with around 3 million to 5 million cases of severe illness caused annually by seasonal influenza, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), but falls far short of the Spanish flu, which began in 1918 and infected an… Read full this story
- Global measles cases surge amid stagnating vaccinations
- UK and EU economy growth forecasts slashed amid growing fears of No Deal
- Connecting Global Warming and the Obesity Pandemic
- Democratic candidate Amy Klobuchar calls Trump's Ukraine scandal 'a global Watergate', says it's an example of why the Founding Fathers included impeachment provisions and slams 'rich' Bloomberg for entering the race
- US-China soy trade war could destroy 13 million hectares of rainforest
- Hyderabad Gangrape & Murder Case: KTR Urges PM Modi To Do Justice To Victim
- Ebola outbreak in Congo spreads as number of confirmed cases surges to 14 amid fears virus could reach capital
- Global Automakers Head to India to Showcase New Cars
- Oil prices fall amid concerns over U.S. sanctions on Iran looming
- Can Bing Surpass Google Search Through Windows 10 Integration?
Global coronavirus cases surpass 3.5 million amid underreporting fears have 316 words, post on www.reuters.com at May 4, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.