Joe Biden is warning that those “tasked with enforcing the law are abusing their powers,” offering a measured critique of the Trump administration a day after he declined to respond to President Donald Trump’s attacks directly.Speaking Wednesday to Columbia University Law School graduates via video, Mr. Biden urged them to “protect the very foundations of democracy.””Trust in self-governance. Because right now, it’s under attack,” the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee said. “The very people tasked with enforcing the rule of law are abusing their powers, protecting their friends, weakening the very principles that make our country work.”Asked on Tuesday night how he’d respond to the allegations, Mr. Biden said, “I don’t want to get down in the mud with these guys.”Speaking at a Yahoo News virtual town hall on Tuesday, Mr. Biden said Mr. Trump was trying to distract voters from his inadequate response to the coronavirus pandemic, which has killed more than 90,000 Americans. Mr. Trump has said the virus will disappear “like a miracle.”Broadly dubbing his allegations “Obamagate,” Mr. Trump has pointed to the legal case of his former national security adviser Michael Flynn, suggesting that the “unmasking” of Flynn’s name as part of legal U.S. surveillance of foreign… Read full this story
- Joe Biden tells his supporters 'Let's go win this' after picking Kamala Harris as his running mate - which could make her the first black woman VP - and says 'together we can beat Donald Trump'
- TikTok Could Become A Powerful Propaganda Tool If It Stays With China, Experts Warn
- The Hill's 12:30 Report: White House, Dems debate coronavirus relief package
- Trump says US will be 'very careful' after intel community warns of election interference from rival nations
- Black male leaders warn Biden ‘will lose’ election if he doesn't name Black female running mate
- Barack Obama’s half-brother rips his ‘cold and ruthless’ sibling and urges US to vote for Trump
- Steve Hilton: Coronavirus shutdown madness must end -- haven't we suffered enough, Dr. Fauci?
- Sen. Lindsey Graham on FBI use of discredited Steele dossier, questions for Sally Yates
- What happens if there’s no clear winner?
- New York seeks to dissolve NRA over financial mismanagement
Joe Biden warns of ‘abuse of power’ have 362 words, post on www.thehindu.com at May 21, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.