Seaside perfection, Whitby A day out in Whitby. Morning tea and fruit cake with Wensleydale at Bothams. Walk to the sea, and out onto the pier. Walk up the beach, climb up the cliff and then back to the town past the whale’s jaw. Fresh crab sandwiches for lunch, then climb the 199 steps to the Priory. Back down, just enough time for afternoon tea and cake before crossing back over the river for a fish supper at the Magpie. Drive back over the beautiful North Yorkshire moors; the end of a perfect day, in perfect weather every time.Nigel Goddard Off-grid hideaway, Scotland At the end of Glen Etive, way past the lay-bys where the tourists pose for Skyfall photos and isolated from the single track road, lies Glenceitlein Cottage. Accessible from a two-mile rough track and sitting in a green pasture at the foot of Stob Dubh and overlooking the mighty Ben Starav. No TV, no internet, just the sound of the river, the cuckoo and the deer. There’s no place like it and I cannot wait to return.Paul Wilson Canoes on the Wye, Wales My recent happy place trip was in 2019 on a hot August bank holiday… Read full this story
- The best of rural Portugal: readers’ travel tips
- Discover affordable Scandinavia: readers’ travel tips
- Highlights of Slovenia: readers’ travel tips
- Things to do in Vietnam: readers’ travel tips
- Great restaurants in Lisbon: readers’ tips
- Locals’ guide to Bordeaux: 10 top tips
- Emilia-Romagna guide: what to see, plus the best bars, restaurants and hotels
- How to win the generation game: Children, parents and grandparents all in one villa - whatever could go wrong?
- Readers’ books of the year 2016
- Seven easy ways to turn your rental property into a home to be proud of
My happy place: readers' travel tips have 290 words, post on www.theguardian.com at May 7, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.