Kindly Share This Story:By Emma Amaize, Regional Editor, South-South, Sam Oyadongha (Yenagoa), Festus Ahon (Asaba), Egufe Yafugborhi, Davies Iheamnachor (Port Harcourt), Perez Brisibe (Ughelli) and Francis Efe (Warri) FROM our findings across many police stations in South-South states, during the week, Divisional Police Stations do not have sufficient up-to-the-minute weapons to combat criminals, who are better armed with both AK-47 and AK-49 rifles. The Divisions also lack enough manpower, while the Divisional Police Officers, DPOs, who are the foot soldiers of the respective Commissioners of Polices in the states, have no imprest to man the police stations and so, anything goes. State governors release vehicles and other logistics to Commissioners of Police to fight crime, but how the funds trickle down to the DPOs are not checked. However, the most worrisome development is that policemen dread to confront criminals because they parade more sophisticated weapons. We found that some police stations have just five AK-47 rifles to fight criminals and maintain peace in an entire police division. While some DPOs assign at least three AK -47 rifles to his men to protect the police station from attack, only two are deployed to serve the division during operations. It sounds unbelievable,… Read full this story
- Tears for a fallen hero: Emotional moment mother kisses the coffin of her police officer son who was hit and killed by a truck in his first week in the job
- Dramatic moment off-duty police officer saves hiker, 24, stuck in a violent whirlpool by making a rope out of a cord from his backpack to pull him to safety
- AMID SUSPECTED HERDSMEN ATTACKS: Storm in Delta over mass transfer of police officers
- Ahmaud Arbery shooting: Ex-police officer charged with killing unarmed jogger had service weapon taken away
- Cop who was put in a coma by coronavirus blasts ‘blasé’ lockdown breakers as officers claim the government's 'wishy washy' rules have made them lose control of public places and bank holiday sunbathers flock to parks and beaches
- Sig Sauer, 5.11 Tactical Honor Officers with ‘Inside the Blue Line’
- Police force that failed to charge Ahmaud Arbery's killers has a 'track record of corruption', faced 17 lawsuits in the past decade, had its drug force dismantled and locals say it is 'a good old boys club'
- Former cop, 64, accused in Ahmaud Arbery killing worked in DA's office without arrest powers and was stripped of his law-enforcement certification months before shooting
- 3 Killings by Chicago Police Covered Up, Ex-Investigator Alleges
- How many policemen does it take to catch a bike thief...? Moment mob of officers descended on park and fined Covidiots who tormented THAT lone PCSO and stole his cycle as he tried to disperse crowd during lockdown
Police officers open up, retired DIG paints pathetic picture of a struggling force have 439 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at May 2, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.