A 19-year-old law student who was mistakenly killed in a drive-by shooting fled Lebanon for better life in UK after her refugee father was shot in the back during rebel fighting, it has been revealed. Aya Hachem was hit by one of several shots fired from a vehicle as she walked to a Lidl supermarket near her home in Blackburn, Lancashire, on Sunday. Three men aged 39, 33 and 36 continue to be questioned on suspicion of her murder after their arrests on Monday. Today it emerged that her father, Ismail Hachem, arrived in the UK 10 years ago looking for safety as an asylum seeker. According to family friends, he had been shot in crossfire in Lebanon and moved to England hoping for a new life, spending nine years as an asylum seeker. After years of hard work he received his British citizenship last year. Aya, the eldest of four siblings, had arrived in the UK with her family as refugees after fleeing Lebanon when she was still a girl. In 2010, the country had faced a tense border clash with Israel in the disputed Golan Heights territory that killed four people. The fighting had itself following on from the… Read full this story
- Police launch murder probe after children's book author who was shot dead by Nazi-fanatic neighbour - as mother mourns 'beautiful, talented son'
- Army sergeant who shot dead BLM protester Garrett Foster reveals he was driving for a ride share firm, wasn't aware of protests and only opened fire in 'self-defense' when the victim pointed his assault rifle at him
- EXCLUSIVE: Man who shot dead BLM protester in Austin is revealed as a 33-year-old active duty Army sergeant and Trump supporter who posted about using 'deadly force' against 'the mobs' before the killing
- Village gunman was a police-hating Nazi fanatic: Paranoid neighbour shot victim who he thought was a 'government agent' after the aerospace executive retired to £600,000 Hampshire cottage
- UK ministers plead with France to get tough on Channel migrants amid warning that 7,500 could cross by Christmas - as full dinghy paddles straight past country's navy using shovels as oars
- Bring in Andrew’s Law in memory of brave loved ones we lost too, say families of heroes killed in the line of duty
- String of serial killers 'getting away with murder' with 2,600 unsolved cold cases in UK
- 'France will never let Lebanon go': Emmanuel Macron is accused of trying to reconquer Lebanon rather than help it in the wake of the devastating explosion at its capital which has killed 150 as country is set to refuse aid from Israel
- Grim secret Victorian government modelling shows the state's COVID-19 peak is still WEEKS away with new cases to top a staggering 1,100 a day and stay above 300 until mid-September
- Chipper Trump plays to boisterous crowd at million-dollar fundraiser in honor of his late friend Stanley Chera - whose son reveals Trump called EVERY day when he was dying from covid
Revealed: Model law student, 19, who was shot dead by drive-by gunmen fled Lebanon for better life in UK after her refugee father was shot in the back during rebel fighting have 478 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 19, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.