A letter sent this week by SAG Awards organizers to film studios confirmed that the annual show will join the Oscars and Golden Globes in revising their film-eligibility guidelines this year in the face of the coronavirus shutdown that has closed all movie theaters nationwide. The SAG rules, to be finalized next month, will allow titles with a planned theatrical release to be eligible if streamed or released on VOD first, according to the letter, a copy of which has been obtained by Deadline. The other major guild awards are expected to follow suit in this most unusual year, when films that typically must qualify by having theatrical release runs in Los Angeles, or in L.A. and New York, can’t do so because of the shutdown. Most major studios have pushed their summer and fall films into the fall and winter, and even into 2021, as the forecast for the reopening of multiplexes remains foggy at best. Related Story Below-The-Line Workers Who Missed Qualifying For Health Benefits Because Of Shutdown Get Another Extension Deadline has reached out to reps from the PGA Awards, WGA Awards and DGA Awards to ask about their plans. On April 28, both the Oscars organizer… Read full this story
- Golden Globes: How Netflix’s Nomination Domination Is a Sign of the Times (Column)
- Robert De Niro continues to brush off Golden Globes snub as he makes high-spirited VIP appearance at Selfridges screening of The Irishman
- Oscars: Pete Hammond’s Absolute Final Predictions In All 24 Categories
- The Hollywood awards season starring Trump
- Awards Season Acting Races: The Most Dramatic Ever?
- Oscar Futures: Will Christmas Bring Cheers for Late-Breaking Contenders?
- Oscars Debating Whether or Not to Have Host
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Steven Spielberg On Why ‘1917’ Is “Revolutionary”; Oscar Goes Dialing For Votes; ‘Jojo Rabbit’ Gets Serious
- Encore: Oscar Producers Mike De Luca & Jennifer Todd Ponder Trump, Hopes & Anxieties Going Into Hollywood’s Big Night
- Oscar nominations 2019: Olivia Colman, Rachel Weisz, The Favourite and Bohemian Rhapsody dominate the major categories as British actors and movies look set for Academy Award success (but it's a SNUB for Emily Blunt!)
SAG Awards Latest To Join Oscars, Golden Globes In Changing Film Eligibility Rules Amid Shutdown have 348 words, post on deadline.com at May 14, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.