close Video Sen. Durbin apologizes for ‘token’ comment on Sen. Scott’s police reform Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin has apologized to Sen. Tim Scott after calling the police reform bill he spearheaded a ‘token’ approach; Turning Point USA spokesperson Rob Smith says he was ‘shocked’ by Durbin’s use of the word. Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin, D-Ill., apologized to Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., after calling the police reform bill he spearheaded as the lone black GOP senator a “token” approach, Durbin’s office said. “The minute Sen. Durbin heard that he had offended Sen. Scott, he sought him out on the floor and apologized. What Sen. Durbin took issue with in his floor speech was not Sen. Scott’s bill, but that the Senate Majority Leader would short circuit this critical debate and fail to make the changes needed to prevent the killing of Black Americans by police officers,” Durbin’s communications director, Emily Hampsten, said in a statement to Fox News. “Addressing systemic racism and changing policing in America requires and deserves more than one Judiciary hearing, one floor vote, one conversation,” she added. Speaking on the Senate floor Wednesday, Durbin referenced Scott’s bill and said he respects the senator but made clear… Read full this story
- Harris's path on police reform littered with land mines
- Nigeria, a President, his glory and violent policing
- HSBC's Secret Files: The Inside Tale Of What Happened After It Apologized For Being Dirty
- Democratic Senate emerges as possible hurdle for progressives
- Graham says SC people of color can go anywhere in the state but 'need to be conservative, not liberal'
- Democrats brace for nail-biting finish to Senate battle
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by Goldman Sachs - Pelosi, Mnuchin push stimulus talks forward, McConnell applies brakes
- Trump administration to impose new rules targeting H-1B visas
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by Facebook - Trump previews SCOTUS nominee as 'totally brilliant'
- The Latest: Clemson to remove name of pro-slavery politician
Dick Durbin apologizes to Tim Scott for 'token' comment on police reform bill have 324 words, post on www.foxnews.com at June 17, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.