Model Joan Smalls took to Instagram Thursday morning to call out the fashion industry for discrimination. In a five and a half minute vide posted to her IGTV, that she titled We Are Not A Trend, the Puerto Rican born model took aim at brands, agents and fashion publications for profiting off of black and brown bodies and culture and perpetuating racism. Smalls also revealed that she will be donating 50 percent of the income she makes throughout the year to organizations that support the Black Lives Matter movement. She has worked with nearly every high-end designer and in 2018 made number eight on Forbes’ list of highest paid models with an estimated $8.5 million yearly earning. Calling out fashion: In a five and a half minute vide posted to her IGTV, that she titled We Are Not A Trend, Joan Smalls took aim at brands, agents and fashion publications for profiting off of black and brown bodies and culture and perpetuating racism Preparing to read a statement off of papers in-hand she said ’There’s a couple of things I need to get off of my chest, so I wrote them down, thank you for being supportive.’ Speaking on her own experience… Read full this story
- COVID-19 lockdown hits fashion industry hard, designers fear an uncertain future
- Kangana Ranaut Says She Was Drugged By A Character Actor When She Was Struggling In The Industry
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model Emily DiDonato reveals the most horrific 'feedback' she's been given - from being called 'fat' to being told she has 'legs like a man'
- EXCLUSIVE 'I'm excited for when that time comes': Sam Faiers says she plans to marry Paul Knightley in an 'intimate destination wedding' after admitting she wants him to propose soon
- Onetime TV golden girl Carol Smillie says she has been frozen out of the industry
- How Black Girl Gamers is changing the gaming landscape for the better
- ‘Cuties’ Director Says She Received Death Threats After Netflix Poster Backlash; Ted Sarandos Called Her To Apologize
- Balenciaga and Céline catwalk shows impress at Paris fashion week
- Wedding fashion: Young woman inspires as promising bridal fashion studio owner in Srinagar
- Melania Trump or Adolf Hitler? Diet Prada calls FLOTUS out for flaunting fascist fashion at the Republican National Convention 2020
'We are not a trend': Model Joan Smalls calls out discrimination in the fashion industry, says she's been used as the 'token black girl' have 369 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.