BAFTA viewers branded the ceremony’s first ever virtual ceremony “weird and awkward”, but praised “perfect” host Richard Ayoade. The awards were supposed to have taken place in March, but were cancelled due to the pandemic. Instead, the BAFTAs aired tonight behind closed doors and its celebrities accepting awards via video link. And viewer reaction was mixed to the new format, with some dubbing it “bizarre”. Fans flocked to Twitter to comment, with one writing: “Well this is all very awkward #BaftaTV.” While another commented: “This does look a little awkward #BaftaTV.” A third pleaded: “Hello, #BaftaTV please ask your guest presenters to cut down the jokes. Their funny but it’s just too awkward.” “#BaftaTV. This is just weird on a whole new level of cringeworthy trainwreck?” another wrote. One commented: “Now, I bloody LOVE an awards show. But this is weird… #BAFTAS #BAFTA #BaftaTV.” BAFTA TV Awards 2020 However, many heaped on the praise for presenter Richard, with one tweeting: “F***. Richard Ayoade is the perfect fucking host for such an awkward #BaftaTV awards show.” Despite taking place at homes, celebrities certainly made the effort and glammed up in their glitziest outfits . Only around six presenters were physically in… Read full this story
- Love Island: Laura Whitmore divides viewers with hosting debut as some praise 'likeable' Irish beauty... but others call her 'wooden' and call for Caroline Flacks's return amid assault charge
- BAFTA stars 'passionately' back Time's Up campaign
- Just in time! Karlie Kloss, Princess Beatrice, Gayle King, and Derek Blasberg lead a host of famous faces who arrived in St. Moritz just hours ahead of Dasha Zhukova's $6.5 MILLION wedding to Greek shipping heir Stavros Niarchos
- Prince William is left to host wildlife task-force he set up with Harry alone as his younger brother starts new life in Canada with a series of events for Aids charity... but did he even say goodbye?
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin marry (again) in South Carolina ceremony
- A very modern marriage: Harry and Meghan wed at St George's Chapel in Windsor in an extraordinary star-studded, multi-cultural ceremony, the likes of which the Royals have never seen
- The consigliere in lipstick and Louboutins: She's Meghan Markle's stylist, confidante and 'fixer'. So, asks PAUL BRACCHI, how big a role did Jessica Mulroney have in the crisis shaking the monarchy?
- The Shock of
- James Corden Lives In The Moment. Here’s How
- Pinkos Have More Fun
BAFTA fans brand first virtual ceremony 'weird and awkward' - but hail 'perfect' host have 394 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at July 31, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.