“The clinical trials of the Russian vaccine against the coronavirus are ending at the Burdenko hospital […] Today, on July 20, the second and last group of volunteers comprising 20 people is being released from the military hospital,” Sergey Borisevich, head of the 48th Central Scientific Research Institute of the Russian Defence Ministry, told Krasnaya Zvezda, the official newspaper of the Russian Defence Ministry. According to Borisevich, there is still a lot of research work ahead, but the results are already clear. “Already today the test data confirms that, as a result of vaccination, the volunteers produced the necessary antibodies against the coronavirus and the vaccine components are safe,” Borisevich said, adding that the antibodies are expected to remain in the human body for a long time. The second phase of clinical trials of the vaccine is expected to be completed on 3 August, according to Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) CEO Kirill Dmitriev. “The capabilities of the platform previously used to develop two Ebola vaccines and a Middle East Respiratory Syndrome [MERS] vaccine will allow the antibodies generated after vaccination to be maintained for a long time,” Borisevich told Krasnaya Zvezda. Last month, Alexander Gintsburg, director of the Russian National… Read full this story
- Warning: Anthrax found at Indiana livestock farm, all animals will be treated with antibiotics and vaccines – is it safe?
- Immunotherapy found safe for type 1 diabetes in landmark trial
- MS Treatment That Resets Immune System Shows Promise In Safety Trial
- Malaria: Next-generation vaccine shows efficacy, safety in humans
- Could a cholesterol-lowering vaccine replace statins?
- Resurrecting A Vaccine For Lyme Disease
- Wet AMD: Small trial shows new gene therapy is safe in humans
- Personalized vaccine shows promise against melanoma recurrence
- Researchers Develop New Synthetic Vaccine to Prevent the Spread of MERS
- Alzheimer's drug shows promise for patients in phase III trial
Clinical Trials of Russian COVID-19 Vaccine Wrapping Up, Vaccine Safe, Researchers Say have 293 words, post on sputniknews.com at July 20, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.