(CNN)Fort Hood in Texas is no stranger to tragedy. In 2009 a US Army psychiatrist killed 13 people, an unborn child and injured 32 others in a shooting rampage. Five years later the US Army post was struck again when a veteran killed three people and injured 16 others before killing himself. But today the post, about 60 miles from Austin, Texas, is facing another series of tragedies as one service member after another turns up dead. The most notorious case is that of Spc. Vanessa Guillen, whose remains were discovered a few weeks ago, months after her disappearance. The circumstances surrounding her death prompted the Army to assemble a civilian review of the “command climate and culture” at Fort Hood. Besides Guillen, at least 7 soldiers stationed at Fort Hood have died or been found dead since March, including one who took his life after becoming a suspect in Guillen’s disappearance. Read More There have been 23 deaths this year among the post’s 36,500 soldiers, Fort Hood officials told CNN in a statement. According to officials, the deaths include seven off-duty accidents; seven suicides; one combat-related death; four homicides, one of which was on the base; two of natural… Read full this story
- I took portraits of combat-tested soldiers at Fort Bliss — and they told me their incredible stories
- Marawi City: A year of valor and bravery
- US 'model soldier' to be sentenced for Islamic State support
- Cavs laugh off Hood's apology for not entering Game 4
- Here’s what we know about Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old suspect in the Florida high-school shooting
- 50 years ago, US troops bunkered down for the Vietnam War’s most infamous siege — here’s how the Battle of Khe Sanh unfolded
- Peru on your plate at Shangri-La The Fort
- Chilling in the ’hood
- Father, 58, died of RABIES from cat bite in Morocco after bungling medic told him to treat cut finger with 'anti-itch' cream while second claimed 'only dogs carry disease'
- Assisted dying laws are in need of review
Here's what we know about eight of the soldiers who have died this year at Fort Hood have 322 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 25, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.