Iran’s Justice Minister for Human Rights said people who knowingly spread coronavirus should be sentenced to death, Radio Farda reported on Tuesday.According to a local Iranian news site, Iran’s Deputy Justice Minister for Human Rights and International Affairs, Mahmoud Abbasi, recently said: “Someone who is fully aware of his [coronavirus] infection and without wearing a mask sneezes and coughs … spreads the coronavirus to others and ultimately causes their death. This means deliberate murder and is subject to Qisas.” “Qisas” is “literal eye-for-an-eye punishment” under Islamic law, which allows the retribution “in cases of personal injury,” Agence France-Presse explained. In the case of causing someone’s death, the punishment would then be death. In the application of qisas to those who knowingly spread the deadly coronavirus, Abbasi reportedly said offenders should be hanged, according to Radio Farda. “[Coronavirus] restrictions and bans announced by the president must be implemented by everyone according to the constitution,” Abbasi added, according to the report. Iran’s coronavirus outbreak was one of the world’s earliest after China, owing to Tehran’s close relationship with Beijing. It has continued to rank as one of the deadliest outbreaks globally. Last week, Iran’s health minister blamed the ruling regime for “losing control” of the… Read full this story
- Commission on Human Rights Urges South Sudan to make peace and justice a reality
- Opinion: U.S. must act in face of Saudi human rights violations
- In ‘America First’ presidency, where do human rights rank?
- Analysis: With ‘America First,’ where do human rights rank?
- The Latest: Human rights groups refer Khashoggi case to UN
- Longtime street minister knows challenges, dangers of working with the homeless
- Malaysia Turns Towards Democracy—but Leaves LGBT Rights Behind
- Trump Administration Is An 'Outlaw Regime' With An 'Addiction to Sanctions,' Iran's Foreign Minister Says
- U.S. Is Working to Stop Spread of Diseases as Thousands of Venezuelans Flee Their Country
- Will Florida’s Ex-Felons Finally Regain the Right to Vote?
Iranian ‘Human Rights’ Minister: Those Who Knowingly Spread Coronavirus Must Be Hanged have 323 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 15, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.