Luton has been made an ‘area of intervention’ after seeing a spike in coronavirus cases – meaning long-awaited plans to open indoor gyms and leisure centres for locked-down Britons this weekend have been put on hold. The council has set up an emergency testing centre at a primary school and is telling locals to stay home as it tries to prevent a further spread of COVID-19. In Luton, Bedfordshire the rate of cases fell to 24.8 per 100,000 in the week to July 20 from 31.8 per 100,000 in the week to July 13. Councillors have now said it has agreed with Government officials that gyms, pools and other leisure facilities will not reopen as planned on Saturday. Public Health England has also upgraded Blackburn with Darwen to an ‘area of intervention’ following an increase in the rate of cases from 49.7 cases per 100,000 in the week to July 13 to 81.9 in the week up to July 20. It comes ahead of new rules which make it illegal not to wear face masks in shops, supermarkets and shopping centres across England from tomorrow. Luton has been made an ‘area of intervention’ after seeing a spike in coronavirus cases – meaning… Read full this story
- Revealed: Pupil's mother in Buxton coronavirus case was rushed to hospital alongside her boyfriend in hazmat suits after she was confirmed to have the killer infection which sent the town into lockdown
- Health worker at Hertfordshire cancer clinic is among 13 latest coronavirus cases in UK as total rises to 36: Race is on to track down sufferers who may NOT know they are infected and PM warns outbreak poses 'significant challenge’
- Britain records THIRTY FOUR new coronavirus cases in biggest single increase since outbreak began bringing infection toll to 85 – after Chief Medical Officer's grave warning Britons WILL die from bug
- Coronavirus IS a pandemic, Germany says after 22% spike in cases overnight as Poland becomes latest country to record a case and Iraq confirms first death
- Coronavirus cases in UK leap to 87 as medical chief warns ‘significant epidemic likely’ and Brits ‘will die’
- American coronavirus cases rise to 53: Five evacuees from the Diamond Princess cruise ship and one from Wuhan diagnosed with the infection in Texas - but Trump insists the outbreak is 'very much under control in the USA'
- These are the countries where novel coronavirus cases have been confirmed worldwide
- Coronavirus cases jump to 90 with three more positive tests in Scotland after biggest 24-hour spread of virus
- Number of new coronavirus cases reported outside of China EXCEEDS those in the country for the first time, the World Health Organization says
- FOURTEEN UK patients are tested for coronavirus: Suspected victims are taken into isolation after returning from Wuhan with flu-like symptoms as Health Secretary is urged to order checks on passengers on ALL flights from China
Luton is made the UK's latest 'area of intervention' after spike in coronavirus cases - meaning gyms and leisure sites will stay closed this weekend when the rest of the nation opens up have 451 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 23, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.